ON CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING, CLIENTS AUTOMATICALLY AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING:
- 50% of the full accommodation price is payable up front to secure a booking. The remaining 50% is required no later than two months prior to the clients stay. In addition a separate breakages deposit bank transfer of £1,500 is required no later than one month prior to the clients stay. Breakages will be re-issued within 4 weeks of departure, if no damage occurs. The house manager will conduct a thorough check after a clients departure.
- Please note if using the castle for a wedding or a special occasion the deposit payable is increased to £2000 and is due two months before arrival.
- Cheques are payable to Forter Castle sent to 160 Walton Street London SW3 2JL (Please remember to write you name on the back).
- Bank transfer to current account for accommodation and any extra package payments (use your name as a reference). Breakages deposit goes to a separate breakages account. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for bank information.
- Forter Caslte also has a pay pal account but due to charges have to add 4% to the actual value being transferred if you wish to use this payment method. Please use this link to make payment using your name as a reference paypal.me/ForterCastle.
CANCELLATION & EXTRA FEES
- 50% deposit is refunded if two months cancellation notice is given prior to your arrival date after this time no refund is given.
- Any supplementary/extra packages booked by Forter castle needs a 50% deposit on the total amount and the remaining 50% two months prior to check in. A refund is given if cancellation occurs two months prior to the delivery of the package.
- If checking in/out on unusual days/times a surcharge of £250 is applicable.
- £250 will automatically be deducted from the deposit if the castle is not left as clean and tidy as it was found, this includes washing up all your dishes, cups, and putting back into cupboards i.e. please leave as you found the castle.
- Bookings are taken Friday 4pm to Friday 10am for a week stay, Monday 4pm to Friday 10am for a mid-week stay and Friday 4pm to Monday 10am for long weekends.
- The lead booking person must check in or provide clear contact information for the person checking in.
- The overall accommodation price is for 7 bedrooms that will sleep 12-16 adults comfortably, we can upon request provide 3 cots for babies and 4 blow up beds suitable for children under 8 years of age.
- A maximum of three well-behaved dogs are allowed at any one time. Do keep the gate shut and your dogs in the grounds. Do pick up after your dogs and dispose of the mess in the bucket buried next to the dustbins. Please do not allow them on the furnishings. Absolutely no dogs on beds please.
- Prices are available and up to date on www.fortercastle.co.uk website. *Prices do not include Christmas, New Year and special events or occasions.
- Do not smoke anywhere in the castle. If this is proven to have happened, your full deposit will be automatically withheld for dry cleaning purposes.
- No fires to be lit in bedrooms under any circumstances.
- Helicopters are not allowed to land at or near Forter Castle.
- A maximum of 24 guests are allowed for one off events during the day e.g. weddings, birthday parties etc. we do recommend 16 as being a comfortable number. Any weddings with parties over 16 require a Portaloo which must be used to avoid a strain on the well. For larger groups 24+ we can use the local church but we emphasise that Forter Castle can only host 24 people during any one day event.
- The main table in the Great Hall seats 16 to seat more you will need to be responsible for renting extra furniture.
- Please do not put cups or glasses onto the antique furniture – please use coasters. Any marks on furniture will be charged.
- Any type of breakages will be charged against your deposit.
- Do not tamper with the heating system in the castle or Piggery as this has been set by the electricity board
- Do not drive or park on the lawn. Any items, including ornaments, c.d’s, d.v.d’s, games, and kitchen equipment are checked against our inventory. If anything is found missing or damaged after your departure, the cost of replacing, as a whole will be charged.
- Fireworks/ lanterns are strictly prohibited from being used while at Forter Castle due to the proximity to the farm, livestock and the damage to the surrounding areas.
- Bookings cannot be accepted by any person under 21. The person who is named as hiring the property is responsible for actions of all persons entering throughout the duration of the hire period.
- Any deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation regardless of reason up to two months before check in.
- We take no responsibility of excessive weather conditions causing inability to travel to the Castle. Do please leave the castle as you found it.
- Filming of any type at the property is prohibited unless pre-agreed with Forter Castle in writing.
- The owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over the key to any person who has not complied with the booking conditions.
- The person checking in must be the same as the person who signs the terms and conditions and is named on the booking sheet. If not the house manager has the right to refuse entry unless agreed prior to check in with the owner/manager.
- Terms and conditions must be signed and returned prior to checking.
- A fire pit is available in the grounds of Forter Castle but is used at your own risk.
INCLUSIVE IN RENTAL PRICE
- The castle rent includes heating (under floor & Storage heaters), gas and electricity.
- Logs, fire lighters and matches.
- Basic coffee and tea in each room.
- Small decanters of whisky throughout the castle.
- 3 x Mountain bikes that can be used at your own risk. Please notethat mountain biking is, like all sports, potentially dangerous so please do take care, ensure you wear appropriate safety clothing/helmet. Note that riding any trails or any other route mentioned from Forter Castle is at your own risk. Forter cannot accept responsibility for any accidents that might occur.
- Bed linen.
- Bath towels, tea towels and cloths.
- Bath robes to use on site only – if missing on check out you will loose money from your deposit.
- Hand washing liquid and hand cream.
- Supply of cotton buds and make up removal pads.
- Hair dryers.
- Sewing kit.
- Cling film.
- Aluminum foil.
- Salt and Pepper.
- Dishwashing tablets and liquid.
- Washing liquid and softener (there is a washing machine and a dryer in the piggery).
- Iron and ironing board.
- All cleaning products.
- Olive and sunflower cooking oil.
- A selection of wellington boots.
We look forward to welcoming you to Forter Castle in the near future. For any further questions please do email email@example.com