TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF RENTAL FOR FORTER CASTLE
ON CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING, CLIENTS AUTOMATICALLY AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS.
Due to COVID-19 terms are changing according to government advice particularly in numbers allowed to stay. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the most up to date terms as a result.
- 50% of the full accommodation price is payable up front to secure a booking. The remaining 50% is required no later than one month prior to the clients stay. In addition a separate breakages deposit bank transfer of £1,500 is required no later than one month prior to the clients stay. Breakageswill be re-issued within 4 weeks of departure, if no damage occurs. The house manager will conduct a thorough check after a client’s departure.
- Please note if using the castle for a wedding or a special occasion the deposit payable is increased to £2000 and is also due two months before arrival.
- Bank transfer to current account for accommodation and any extra package payments (use your name as a reference). Breakages deposit goes to a separate breakages account. Please email email@example.com for bank information.
- Forter Castle also has a pay pal account but due to charges have to add 4% to the actual value being transferred if you wish to use this payment method. Please use this link to make payment using your name as a reference me/ForterCastle.
CANCELLATION & EXTRA FEES
- 25% of your deposit is refunded if six months’ cancellation notice is given prior to your arrival date after this time no refund is given.
- If due to government advice regarding Covid-19 you are not allowed to travel to the castle you will in the first instance be given the opportunity for an alternative date failing this we will refund your deposit in full.
- Any supplementary/extra packages booked by Forter castle needs a 50% deposit on the total amount and the remaining 50% one month prior to check-in these are not refundable.
- No refund is given on extras as we have external suppliers who are booked and paid in full on the confirmation.
- If checking in/out on unusual days/times a surcharge of £250 is applicable.
- £250 will automatically be deducted from the deposit if the castle is not left as clean and tidy as it was found, this includes washing up all your dishes, cups, and putting back into cupboards i.e. please leave as you found the castle.
- £25 is charged per hour that the castle manager is left waiting to check your group into Forter Castle and will be taken from your breakages deposit.
- £1000 is added to the accommodation cost if using Forter Castle as a wedding venue.
- Bookings are taken Friday 5pm to Friday 9am for a week stay, Monday 5pm to Friday 9am for a mid-week stay and Friday 5pm to Monday 9am for long weekends.
- The lead booking person must check in on time or provide clear contact information for the person checking in.
- Due to Covid-19 we cannot allow early check-ins or later check-outs unless pre-arranged and agreed in writing with Forter castle. If we have guests leaving or coming in we must allow plenty of time for changeover to be thoroughly completed.
- The overall accommodation price is for 7 bedrooms that will sleep 12 adults comfortably, we can upon request provide 3 cots for babies and 4 blow up beds suitable for children under 8 years of age.
- A maximum of three well-behaved dogs are allowed at any one time. Do keep the gate shut and your dogs in the grounds. Please do not allow them on the furnishings.
- Absolutely no dogs on beds, please.
- Forter castle is self-catered but to access the wedding cupboard and to be fully insured (unless clients cater for themselves) they must use one of Forter Castles pre-approved catering suppliers.
- Only Forter castle catering suppliers are allowed on-site and to use the kitchen facility. If you would like to use an alternative catering supplier you must gain written permission and pay an extra £500 on top of your breakages deposit.
- Do not smoke anywhere in the castle. If this is proven to have happened, your full deposit will be automatically withheld for dry cleaning purposes.
- Do not use the floodlights unless permission is obtained from the management. The cost to use is £50 per day and if floodlights are found on you will be charged for the duration of stay.
- Helicopters are not allowed to land at or near Forter Castle.
- To land a helicopter you would need to gain written approval from the landowners.
- A maximum of 24 guests are allowed for one-off events during the day e.g. weddings, birthday parties etc. we do recommend 12- 16 as being a comfortable number.
- Any groups over 16 require a Portaloo which must be used to avoid a strain on the well.
- For larger groups 24+ we can use the local church but we emphasise that Forter Castle can only host 24 people during any one-day event.
- The main table in the Great Hall seats 16 to seat more you will need to be responsible for renting extra furniture.
- Please do not put cups or glasses onto the antique furniture – please use coasters. Any marks on the furniture will be charged.
- We have a special wedding cupboard which is only available to guests using approved Forter castle suppliers or guests that have agreed in writing and paid an extra £500 on top of their breakages deposit.
- Do not tamper with the heating system in the castle or Piggery as this has been set by the electricity board if they have been adjusted a fee of £50 will be taken from your breakages deposit.
- Do not drive or park on the lawn. Parking is restricted to Forter Castle gravel driveway only. You must not park outside of the gates as that land does not belong to Forter castle.
- Please be respectful at all times of the working farm opposite i.e. shut the castle gates at all times and do not disturb the local animals in any way.
- If you or your guest disturb the local animals i.e. sheep, cows and any other livestock you will lose your breakages deposit and potentially you could have a criminal record as it is a serious criminal offence in Scotland.
- Any items, including ornaments, c.d’s, d.v.d’s, games, and kitchen equipment are checked against our inventory.
- If anything is found missing or damaged after your departure, the cost of replacing, as a whole will be charged.
- Fireworks/ lanterns are strictly prohibited from being used while at Forter Castle due to the proximity to the farm, livestock and the damage to the surrounding areas.
- We have one open fire inside Forter Castle which can be lit in the Great Hall only and used at your own risk. No other fires must be made.
- We have mountain bikes in the piggery which can be used at your own risk.
- No fires to be lit in bedrooms under any circumstances.
- We have an outdoor fire pit which can be lit and used at your own risk.
- Bookings cannot be accepted by any person under 21. The person who is named as hiring the property is responsible for actions of all persons entering throughout the duration of the hire period.
- We take no responsibility of excessive weather conditions causing the inability to travel to the Castle.
- Filming of any type at the property is prohibited unless pre-agreed with Forter Castle in writing.
- The owner reserves the right to decline any booking or refuse to hand over the key to any person who has not complied with the booking conditions.
- The person checking in must be the same as the person who signs the terms and conditions and is named on the booking sheet. If not the house manager has the right to refuse entry unless agreed prior to checking in with the owner/manager.
- Terms and conditions must be signed and returned prior to checking into Forter Castle.
- Any type of breakages will be charged against your deposit.
- The owner has the right to cancel and issue a refund to any client that does not agree to the terms and conditions as set out.
INCLUSIVE IN RENTAL PRICE
- The castle rent includes heating (underfloor & Storage heaters), gas and electricity.
- Logs, firelighters and matches.
- A fire pit is available in the grounds of Forter Castle but is used at your own risk.
- 3 x hardtail Mountain bikes that can be used at your own risk. Please note that mountain biking is, like all sports, potentially dangerous so please do take care, ensure you wear appropriate safety clothing/helmet. Note that riding any trails or any other route mentioned from Forter Castle is at your own risk. Forter cannot accept responsibility for any accidents that might occur.
- 3 x performance mountain bikes are available to rent. Please enquire prior to arrival for a quote.
- Bed linen.
- Iron and ironing board.
- A selection of wellington boots.
- Basic First Aid Kit.
- We are very fortunate to be a self-catered single unit accommodation provider located in a remote part of Scotland, Angus, Kirkton of Glenisla.
- We are however very alert to the danger and as a result, our aim is to ensure a clean and Covid-19 free environment awaits all guests.
- We conduct a full changeover and deep clean between guests but cannot be held liable for any guest contracting a coronavirus or something similar whilst staying in our property. It is an unfortunate situation and risk that all guests must take responsibility for whilst staying at our home.
- If you develop symptoms and ultimately test positive for Covid-19 within 14 days before, during or after your stay you must inform us so that we can take appropriate action.
- We cannot allow guests to self-isolate at Forter Castle.
- If you or anyone in your party, unfortunately, develop any symptoms please refer to the latest government / medical advice.
- Due to Covid-19, you will need to bring your own towels, dishcloths, washing up liquid, and soap for cleaning. We do also strongly suggest bringing your own pillow/pillowcase cover. We can provide these items upon request but for reasons of hygiene, we recommend you bring your own where possible.
- The number of people and the number of households allowed to come to Forter Castle will be in part dictated by the government advice at that time.
We look forward to welcoming you to Forter Castle in the near future. For any further questions please do email firstname.lastname@example.org